Oh, the Tempeh-tation
Here's exactly how you prepare flavorful, delicious, amazing tempeh:
While you are having your morning coffee .....
1) Cut it into cubes (1" or so)
2) Steam for 10 minutes (on a steamer rack); finish that coffee of yours.
3) Combine with the marinade in a bowl (recipe below), pour in Ziploc bag, squish out the air, and put in the fridge for 8 hours.... time to go to work
At least eight hours later .....
1) Preheat oven to 425
2) Place marinated cubes on baking sheet with parchment paper (reserve marinade)
3) Bake 10 minutes; brush reserved marinade on cubes; bake another ten minutes.
4) Eat & enjoy with basically anything.... yum. Would be a great thing to have in your refrigerator for the week.
1/4 cup soy sauce
1/4 tsp of sriracha if you like some heat (chili garlic sauce would be interesting here, too!)
2 tbsp rice vinegar
2 tbsp maple syrup (honey would also work)
1 tbsp olive oil
*** Add ons: you could throw in 1/4 tsp of sesame oil, you could microplane some ginger and throw that in for some brightness). Snag a sample (always important to taste while cooking)
1) Combine ingredients in the bowl, whisk until well combined (it will take a minute or so of brisk-whisking for it to emulsify)
2) It's ready to make the tempeh-magic!
3) Tell yourself self-affirmation mantras in the mirror and know you are crushing the vegan dinner game